October 25, 2011
Finding a job in today’s economy can be rough and if you land that big interview, you want to be as prepared as possible. Here are some helpful tips on how to dress for success and make sure you put your best foot, or fancy stiletto, forward.
- When in doubt, wear the suit. Yes, you could be overdressing for the situation. But wouldn’t you prefer that a hiring manager recognize that you came over-prepared than judge you for not being dressed up enough? Suits should be a solid color, preferably black or navy and worn with a basic shirt and tie for men.
- Skirts or pants are best for women. One is not better than the other. Just follow the rules of the men’s suit – keep it classy and simple.
- This is not the time to showcase your personality through your wardrobe. You want them to remember your skills and assets when you leave, not just your crazy shirt, tie or belt.
- Plan the outfit the night before. Don’t be surprised to find a suit no longer fits or that top and bottom don’t look as good together in real life as you thought in your head.
- Don’t overlook your shoes. A scuffed up old pair can be more noticeable than you think.
Don’t underestimate how dressing well will help make you feel more confident. If you have rushed to get ready and do not feel professional, you may not feel as prepared as you should to land the big job. To ensure your interview clothes are really ready to impress, drop them off at your neighborhood Classic Cleaners today!