September 1, 2011
As August ends and we start moving toward fall and soon winter, it starts getting to be time to break out the boots once again. After all, unless you’re a cowboy, farmer or soldier, many people’s boots hibernate throughout the summer months – particularly if they’re leather. Because of that, now is probably a good time for some tips on care of leather.
- If leather clothing gets wet, let it air-dry at room temperature. If a garment has a liquid stain, gently blot with a clean cloth.
- Store leather on wide wooden or plastic or padded hangers, as that will maintain the garment’s shape.
- Do not store leather in hot or damp areas. The environment must be controlled for temperature and humidity.
- Do not cover stored leather in plastic – instead, use a breathable cloth like a cotton sheet.
- Don’t allow leather to be exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time.
Classic Cleaners can help too. From August 28 to September 24, we’re offering a $10 discount on cleaning of leather items, including boots, jackets and other garments. We’ll carefully inspect the condition of your leather garments to determine the safest and most effective way to clean them, then use our system of carefully balanced detergents and solvents to make sure their natural oils are retained during the cleaning process. After cleaning, we reshape the garment to give it a natural fit, and if needed dye it with a specially mixed blend of colors to give it a balanced, natural look. So get those boots and jackets out of the closet, and if they don’t look their best, bring them to your favorite Classic Cleaners location. We’ll have your boots walking tall in no time.