April 28, 2011
Steve Arnold joined the Classic Cleaners team in April 1985. He is now general manager and the star of our “See how easy that was?” video. Get to know him and check out his advice for graduating high school students in this must-read Q-&-A — before Hollywood comes knocking on his door.
Q: If you had to change your full name, what would you call yourself?
A: Wolfgang Santiago Cho (I doubt there’s anybody else with that name.)
Q: Where were you born?
A: Dayton, Ohio
Q: What is your favorite kind of challenge on the job?
A: Explaining to our people that we are problem solvers for customers and that helping others should be fun and gratifying.
Q: What is your favorite tool at Classic Cleaners and why?
A: Our point-of-sale system. It controls everything.
Q: What do you enjoy most about working at Classic Cleaners?
A: The people – customers and employees.
Q: What is your favorite type of fabric and why?
A: Wool. It’s so versatile and if taken care of properly, lasts a long time.
Q: What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
A: I love learning about history.
Q: If you were a toy, what toy would you be?
A: Lincoln Logs because they were cool when I was a kid.
Q: If you were asked to speak to a graduating high school class, what would you say?
A: Get out! You’re done. Now start packing for higher learning.
Q: If you had a time machine and could be transported to any time, the past or the future, what time and place would you choose and why?
A: I would love to meet Napoleon Bonaparte at his peak (1800 to 1812). I would like to find out how he motivated his men to such greatness. I would also like to learn how he came up with the Code Napoleon, the basis for their law.
Q: If you had to spend 100 days on a deserted island, what five things would you take with you and why?
A: 1. My wife because I love her and would miss her. Plus, she’s very resourceful!
2. Cutco knives. They are awesome and they will be useful.
3. Suntan lotion with SPF — lots of it since it’s just my wife and me.
4. A book on what to do if you are stranded on a deserted island. (I’ll bet there is one.)
5. An air mattress. My wife doesn’t like sleeping on the ground. Plus, it has other uses such as a raft.
April 27, 2011
Spring is here and now is the time to rid your home of winter’s stuffiness with a dose of spring cleaning and Classic Cleaners. We professionally clean household items with the same meticulous care that we give to your wardrobe. Here are a few ways we can help freshen up your home.
- Curtains go from dusty to dustless. You may have the cleanest home on the block, but even in your tidy home, the draperies have probably collected a significant amount of dust. From lined to swag, casual to formal, Classic Cleaners makes your drapes look as good as your wardrobe.
- Don’t let spills ruin your party (or your linens). Entertaining doesn’t have to be refreshment-free to prevent ruining your favorite tablecloth, placemats and napkins. Feel safe planning a fun, food-filled party, knowing that Classic Cleaners guarantees the removal of 100% of fresh stains on your table linens.
- Give bedding a spring break. When you come out of hibernation, bring your sheets, pillowcases, comforters and duvets to Classic Cleaners. To ensure that every night feels like a vacation, we recommend having items like sheets and pillowcases cleaned weekly.
- Give your pillows the spa treatment. Flat, lifeless pillows do little for a good night’s sleep. To add a little life back to your pillows, give them to the “pillow-rejuvenation spa” treatment. Once the down and feather filling has been thoroughly cleaned, we add new filling to return the pillow to its original volume. The filling is then placed in brand new, dust-free ticking.
To give spring a warm welcome, Classic Cleaners is offering 20% from now until May 7. Getting your household items clean for spring is easy! Just call us for pickup or stop by a neighborhood store.
April 26, 2011
SmartBride Boutique is giving one lucky girl the gift of gown preservation. This is Day 15 of the site’s Princess for a Day contest series. For this prize, enter between today and April 28! With expert services provided by the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists, of which Classic Cleaners is a proud member, the winner will give provide one lucky girl with a wedding gown preservation package.
The prize includes specially designed Courier Service container with directions inside for sending the gown to be cleaned and preserved, Prepaid shipping via second-day air insured up to $25,000 and more. Click here for details and to enter.
April 25, 2011
It’s easy to see why customers love free pickup and delivery. More than just a speedy to-your-door service, Classic Cleaners provides convenience and peace of mind. So who loves pickup and delivery the most? It’s hard to say, but here are a few common customers:
The hands-full moms. With too much to do and too little time, busy moms enjoy crossing as many errands off their lists as possible. When free time is at a premium, the on-the-go and in-the-know devote their time to family and friends, not picking up and dropping off their clothes for cleaning.
The crunched-for-time professionals. These striving businesspeople plan on leaving the office before dusk, but deadlines and moving mountains keep them stuck behind their desks. By the time they finally get home, it’s after 7 p.m. Lucky for them, the suit they need for tomorrow’s big morning meeting was delivered at 3 p.m. directly to their office.
The earth-friendly folks. Step by step, customers are minimizing their carbon footprint by staying out of their cars. These eco-conscious people are eliminating unnecessary road trips by having Classic Cleaners pick up and drop off their clothing while we’re in their neighborhood twice a week.
Does pickup and delivery sound appealing to you? Try it! Click here for more information.